31. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Company
31. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Moblog How-To
- Take a picture
- Options => Send => Via e-mail
- Email Address/Subject
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org*
- Subject: Title of your photo
- Password/Category or Gallery
- Add the password on the first line (body text)
- Add a colon - ":" -, immediately after your password
- Add the shortcut of your category or gallery
- Options => Send
Subject: Me at Street Parade
- To get a good picture quality: Sending Options => Image size => Large
- If you don't want to type your email address again and again. Make a "New Contact" under "Contacts first. If you then send your picture you can use: Options => Add Recipient => Choose Name
- You can use Templates, to make your life much easier. Go to "Messaging", "My folders", "Templates". Then Options => New Template. Now you can write your password:category combination. Next time you don't have to type the "password:category", you just select it: Options => Insert => Template => Select template.
* This is just a dummy email address. Use the one which is created for you or as in the case of the Eventblog, use event at kaywa.ch.
31. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Moblog How-To
If you want to moblog, respectively to send pictures to your blog with your mobile phone, your mobile has to be configured for Multimedia Messages (MMS) and/or Email (via GPRS).
To configure your mobile for MMS and Email, you go to your local telco - in Switzerland that would be Swisscom, Orange or Sunrise. Normally they send you back an SMS with all the configurations on it.
If you are new to this stuff, you probably better call the hotline and you tell them that you want both - MMS and Email via GPRS.
We suggest to use Email and not MMS, as after our tests the picture quality of pictures sent via Email compared to pictures sent as MMS is by far superior. MMS seems to compress the picture once again which gives you these "jaggy" pictures.
Hotline: 0800 55 64 64
Hotline: 0800 700 700
Hotline: 0800 22 44 22
PS: More about GPRS from Russell Beattie
31. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Mobile
Moblogs Seen as a Crystal Ball for a New Era in Online Journalism
Moblogging is at a convergence of technical capabilities with the insatiable human thirst for new ways to learn, create, and communicate, and the political necessity for a truly effective peer-to-peer journalism as a counter to "disinfotainment" cartels.See also: Conference Panelists See Bright Future for Mobile Publishing
30. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Development
30. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Mobile
165 million camera phones in 2006
Image from a spring 2003 analyst briefing by Tony Thornley, president and chief operating officer at Qualcomm
As Alan Reiter points out, there are other forecasts which are a bit less optimistic. Anyway, even 37 million, instead of 60 million in 2003 are quite a lot. He ends this post with the japanese example which is mind... blowing: "But Japan blows away all the other countries with its 20 million camera phone users and the selection of handsets, including 1.3 megapixel devices."
Via John Hiler's "Blogosphere: the emerging Media Ecosystem"
See also, somewhat unrelated:
Nob's Moblog with location maps. Joi was the first to show me that new feature for moblogging.
25. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Mobile
It won't be long, said Holahan, before "some globally significant event will be reported by an amateur camera phone blogger who takes a picture, provides a comment and publishes it to their personal phoneblog before professional reporters can do so."The Online Journalism Review wrote an article about the impact of mobile publishing. Well worth a read.
24. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Company
I had a good cigar (Cohiba) directly imported from Cuba, sponsored by oos, to celebrate the late night event.
Check it out! If you have any suggestions, please let us know. Send an email to email@example.com. Our next step is a moblogging feast during the Street Parade on August 9.
Thanks to all who worked on it!
15. Juli 2003 | Kategorie: Company
|Posts 1 - 10 von 33||weiter >>|